PENGALAMAN & KERJAYA
MUHAMAD FAZIL HJ. AHMAD
Idola: Nabi Muhammad S.A.W
3 Ogos 1979
Doctorate - PhD. Communication - Branding (UPM) - 2013
Master in Communication - M.A.HSc. (Comm. UIA) - 2006
Bachelor in Comparative Religion and Communication (hons.) (UIA) – 2003
Senior Lecturer DS51 Faculty of Applied Social Sciences - UniSZA
Ahli Jawatankuasa Projek FRGS B-F1 “Branding Index”
Manager Student Activities and Alumni Department.
Manager Graduate Affairs Department, Kolej Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia
Tim. Dekan Pusat Bahasa Komunikasi, Kolej Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia
Kordinator Fakultas Komunikasi, Universitas Islam Antarabangsa Jakarta
Pensyarah Kolej Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia
Pensyarah Technology Park Malaysia College
Penasihat, Kelab Debat dan Komunikasi Kolej Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia
Penasihat, IIC Alumni Association
Pengarah Istiadat Convokesyen 2008-2010, IIC
Penceramah, Motivasi di Eastana Event & Consultancy
Penceramah, Sesi Kesihatan Jemaah Haji Masjid Wilayah KL
Penceramah, Sesi Kesihatan Jemaah Haji Masjid Al-Hasanah Bandar Baru Bangi
Penceramah, "Program Empower", East Coast Economic Region (ECER)
Penceramah, Pertubuhan Kemajuan Sosial Malaysia. ECER Hulu Terengganu
Pengacara Rancangan TV "Chef Halal" (2012)
Jurucakap Produk Kesihatan SayHeart Singapore (2011)
Jurucakap Produk KOFAZ (2009/2010) – All One
Ahli Kumpulan Nasyid All One
Calon bagi Anugerah Industri Muzik Ke-16 - All One
Calon bagi Anugerah Nasyeed.Com - All One
(1) FRGS Project (BF1) (2010 – 2011) – “Developing a new branding index in corporate communication for an Asian country” (Research Assistant).
(2) Research (2009 -2012) – “Leveraging country's reputation and nation brand index in Bandar Melaka: Potential strategies for developing Malaysian’s city brand index”.
(3) Project (2010): “Measuring Determinant of City Brand for Institutionalizing Strategic Communication: A Study of Malacca City”.
(4) Ph.D Proposal Dissertation (2010): “Measuring Determinants of City Brand: Investigating the Antecedents of Perceived Brand Personality Scale in Bandar Melaka (Bandaraya Bersejarah)”
(5) New Research Project (2013 - 2014) – “Identifying the Determinant Attributes of Halal Brands Index (HBI) that Influence the Corporate Marketing Communication (CMC) in Malaysian Market”.
(6) New Research Project (2014) – “The upcoming of innovation: Integrating Technology and Human personality”.
Conferences and Proceedings:
(1) Zakiah, M. Othman, I. & Ahmad, M.F. (2010). “Halal Business Corporate Social Responsibility”. International University Social Responsibility Conference & Exhibition - IUSRCE 2010, PWTC Kuala Lumpur, UTM Skudai, Johor, Malaysia.
(2) Ahmad, M.F. & Abdullah. Z (2011). “Measuring Determinants of City Brand: A Varification Approach in the Corporate Communication Perspective in Malacca City”. MENTION 2011, UKM Bangi. Selangor, Malaysia.
(3) Ahmad, M.F., Abdullah. Z., Ezhar Tamam & Jusang Bulong (2012). “City Brand: An Application of Brand Personality Scale to Bandar Melaka”. 21st AMIC Annual Conference 2012, Concorde Hotel, Shah Alam, UiTM Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia.
(4) Ahmad, M.F., (2013). “The Stakeholder Interpretation of City Brand Personality Determinant for Strategic Communication”. Seminar Hasil Peyelidikan, Kementerian Pengajian Tinggi 2013 - Sains Sosial dan Kemanusiaan, 2 & 3 July 2013 at EDC Hotel, Universiti Utara Malaysia, UUM Sintok, Kedah, Malaysia.
(5) Ahmad, M.F., (2013). “The Antecedents of Halal Brand Personality in Malaysian Takaful Industry: A Preliminary Review”. 1st Insurance and Takaful International Symposium. 7th - 8th October 2013 at Puri Pujangga UKM Bangi, Selangor, Malaysia.
(6) Ahmad, M.F., (2013). “CSR implementation in Islamic Philanthropy: A Preliminary Review of Halal Brand Personality Concept in Malaysian Takaful Industry”. World Universities Islamic Philanthropy Conference 2013. 4th – 5th December 2013 at Menara Bank Islam, Kuala Lumpur, UiTM Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia.
(7) Ahmad, M.F., (2013). “The Issues of Future Innovation: Integrating Technology and Human Personality for Reputation Management”. 2nd International Management Conference 2013 IMaC'2013. 14th – 15th December 2013 at Taman Tamadun Islam, Kuala Terengganu, Terengganu, Malaysia, UniSZA Kuala Terengganu, Terengganu, Malaysia.
(8) Ahmad, M.F., (2013). “The Role of Halal Brand Personality Determinant in Malaysian Takaful Industry”. 2nd International Management Conference 2013 IMaC'2013. 14th – 15th December 2013 at Taman Tamadun Islam, Kuala Terengganu, Terengganu, Malaysia, UniSZA Kuala Terengganu, Terengganu, Malaysia.
(9) Ahmad, M.F., (2013). “Halalan Taiyyban: The Application of Brand Personality in Malaysian Food Industry”. International Conference on Halal Global 2013. 15th – 16th December 2013 at Perdana Hotel, Kota Bharu Kelantan, UiTM Machang, Kelantan, Malaysia.
(1) Ahmad, M.F. (2006). Communication Technology and Organizational Performance: An Analysis of The IIUM Community’s Web Sites Usage and Perceptions. Research in Master Thesis IIUM Library. IIUM.
(2) Ahmad, M.F., Abdullah. Z, Tamam. E & Bolong. J., (2013). Determinant Attributes of City Brand Personality That Influence Strategic Communication. Canadian Social Science. Canadian Academy of Oriental and Occidental Culture. Vol. 9 No.2.
(3) Ahmad, M.F., Abdullah. Z, Tamam. E & Bolong. J., (2013). An Application of Brand Personality to City Brand for Strategic Communication. International Journal of Social Science Tomorrow. Society for Promoting International. Vol. 2 No.5.
(4) Ahmad, M.F., Abdullah. Z, Tamam. E & Bolong. J., (2013). Involving Internal Stakeholders in Developing City Brand Personality for Strategic Communication. Asian Social Science. Vol. 9 No.10.
Editorial Board Members:
(1) Editorial Board Members for the Journal of Basic and Applied Scientific Research – [ISI-Thomson] (13th November 2013), International Society Applied Sciences, Cairo, Egypt & United States of America (USA). - Global Impact Factor = 0.432
Invitation to Paper Review:
(1) Reviewer for the Journal of Place Management and Development – [Emerald insight Journal] (10th September 2013), Institute of Place Management, 1 Queen Anne's Gate, Westminster, London.
“The comprehensive excellence achievement is balancing of our life journey”
“The requirement of comprehensive excellence achieved is balancing of our life journey” -Fazil, 2009-
1) Public Relations
2) Corporate Communication
4) Branding & Reputation
5) Crisis Communication
6) Public Opinion & Propaganda
7) Islamic Studies
8) Moral Studies
9) English Language
Saturday, December 24, 2011
Wednesday, December 21, 2011
Hi!. Are you ready for another dissertation tip?
I just love sharing funny jokes with you, All. Here's one that just had me rolling - hope it gives you a good chuckle!
The following list of phrases and their definitions might help you understand the mysterious language of science and medicine. These special phrases are also applicable to anyone working on a Ph.D. dissertation or academic paper anywhere!
"It has long been known"... I didn't look up the original reference.
"A definite trend is evident"... These data are practically meaningless.
"While it has not been possible to provide definite answers to the questions"... An unsuccessful experiment, but I still hope to get it published.
"Three of the samples were chosen for detailed study"... The other results didn't make any sense.
"Typical results are shown"... This is the prettiest graph.
"These results will be in a subsequent report"... I might get around to this sometime, if pushed/funded.
"In my experience"... once.
"In case after case"... twice.
"In a series of cases"... thrice.
"It is believed that"... I think.
"It is generally believed that"... A couple of others think so, too.
"Correct within an order of magnitude"... Wrong.
"According to statistical analysis"... Rumor has it.
"A statistically oriented projection of the significance of these findings"... A wild guess.
"A careful analysis of obtainable data"... Three pages of notes were obliterated when I knocked over a glass of pop.
"It is clear that much additional work will be required before a complete understanding of this phenomenon occurs"... I don't understand it.
"After additional study by my colleagues"... They don't understand it either.
"Thanks are due to Joe Blotz for assistance with the experiment and to Cindy Adams for valuable discussions"... Mr. Blotz did the work and Ms. Adams explained to me what it meant.
"A highly significant area for exploratory study"... A totally useless topic selected by my committee.
"It is hoped that this study will stimulate further investigation in this field"... I quit.
Okay - here we go to the tip of the week!
Build the dissertation into your day as much as possible.
Integrating the dissertation into your daily life is a fantastic habit. It is much more helpful than placing it in its own category, where it begins to become an overwhelming and looming task.
How can you better integrate the dissertation into your day? How can it become more automatic, like taking a shower or brushing your teeth?
Until next time,
From: Dr. Rachna
My PhD External Supervisor
Saturday, December 17, 2011
Assalamualaikum & Hi, all.
This week I wanted to share another excellent resource: http://scholar.google.com
One way to search the internet for scholarly literature and studies. Pulls results from many disciplines. Helps identify relevant materials across the world wide web.
It might help make your research searches much easier.
Take care, and see you next time!
Monday, December 5, 2011
Saturday, December 3, 2011
DEFINISI KOMUNIKASI Oleh: Muhamad Fazil Ahmad “Kalau kamu berada di rumah orang, hendaklah kamu jaga matamu, jika kamu berada di t...
Having completed and submitted the thesis, a candidate will then have to prepare for the viva session. A viva is basically an oral...
PhD PROJECT : By: Muhamad Fazil Ahmad PhD Candidate UPM MEASURING DETERMINANTS OF CITY BRAND FOR INSTITUTIONALIZING STRATEGIC COMMUNICA...
Department of Communication University Putra Malaysia Ph.D. Comprehensive Examination Name of candidate: Muhamad Fazil Bin...
Oleh: Muhamad Fazil Ahmad “Tiga rukun yang benar dan perlu dalam mencapai utama iaitu dengan tabiat, dengan pengalaman dan dengan pelajara...
Dalam Islam terdapat pengajaran yang menyatakan ‘sembilan persepuluh dari rezeki itu ada dalam perniagaan’. Ini bererti jika kita ingin mend...
Bahasa Inggeris merupakan satu bahasa yang amat penting dewasa ini. Malahan kerajaan telah menyatakan bahawa sesuatu bangsa tidak akan maju ...
Multivariate Data Analysis For graduate (Master & PhD students) and upper-level undergraduate marketing research courses. Global E...
This booklet is available at School of Graduate Studies Universiti Putra Malaysia Price: RM5